No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass Catalogues from West Virginia Museum of American Glass, Ltd.  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Simba

• Members
  • QVOD SIS ESSE VELLIS - Be happy as you are !
    • Art Deco Glass
    • Wales
Found this on Ebay they include a 1940 Josef Inwald catalogue which I bought via PDF but they have many other catalogues available. Just thought other members might be interested. Quote from their listing
'This monograph is a part of a much larger project to place glass information not in archival storage boxes but in the hands of students, collectors, and dealers in glass. Only by sharing can we make the necessary leaps in learning, as we all bring some piece of the puzzle. The West Virginia Museum of American Glass (WVMAG), a non-profit organization, is committed to sharing glass information and from that conviction this Monograph Series was born.'

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/WV-Museum-of-American-Glass?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Fuhrman Glass

• Glass Professional
  • Members
Re: Glass Catalogues from West Virginia Museum of American Glass, Ltd.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 03:45:06 PM »
These people have been doing immense amounts of work to preserve all things related to glass and make it all accessible to anyone who has an interest. I have sold them immense amounts of literature/brochures/catalogs/photos, etc. relating to both factory and studio glass worldwide. Next to the Rakow Library at Corning, I think they may be one of the biggest treasures for glass history. They acquired all the archives from The American Flint Glass Workers Union a couple of years ago. It was over a semi load full going back over 100 years. I commend them and have tried to support them every way I can. 

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand