No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Was I taken!  (Read 987 times)

Offline CML

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Modern Paperweights
    • United States
Was I taken!
« on: July 26, 2013, 06:55:13 PM »
 :(  Does this look like Perthshire to anyone? That is what the label says on the bottom with the companies logo and P21.

Just seems like this company does not do this type of contemporary work.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Was I taken!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 07:51:26 PM »
Your picture is too small to blow up. You need to resize a high-res pic so the longest dimension is about 700 pixels. the board makes the the thumbnail.

A picture of the base and label would help too but I would say it was probably OK.

Btw Perthshire is no longer in business and hasn't been for 12 years or so

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline CML

• Members
    • Modern Paperweights
    • United States
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 09:14:29 PM »
Thanks Lustrous,

I cannot seem to figure this attachment thing out . Pictures I send are either too small or the file is too large.
So with that said the Perthshire is about 3 " high by 2 inched wide. The bottom green sea floor is concave--it is not flush with the flat bottom. Does that help?

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 09:39:09 PM »

Hi CML.

I really don't think that is a Perthshire paperweight.  P21 is not a company code, and a PP21 is a swirl design. Yours might even be Chinese.

Regarding images, resize to under 100 KB according to your image processing software, and it should be okay. It is quite common to think your image is small enough according to the software (eg 118 KB), but to find the file size is a little to big in reality.

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline CML

• Members
    • Modern Paperweights
    • United States
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 08:01:51 PM »
Hello,

Just thought someone might be interested to know this PW IS a prototype for the Perthshire Fish and Seaweed-1980I--ED 400
John Hawley of the PCA was kind enough to forward this photo (as bad as it is) to Colin Mahoney  of Perthshire Paperweights. Mr Mahoney felt it was a one-off--Aquarium  or Devils Fire paperweight 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand