No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID Help for Unusual Chribska? Vase  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Alton11

• Members
ID Help for Unusual Chribska? Vase
« on: July 26, 2013, 11:11:40 PM »
Large organic shaped vase. stands 16 inches tall and weighs over 7 pounds. Purple to crackled green base. After that I have no idea. Hoping someone here was familiar with design and could help with date made/designer. Looks to have some age to it( uranium base?)
Thnx for looking.

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: ID Help for Unusual Chribska? Vase
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 05:54:31 PM »
Hi Alton11,

Your vase is interesting, but it's younger than you think. The label reads Czech Republic, which means it can't be earlier than 1993.  Chribska glassworks was taken over by Egermann some time in the 2000s.  I'm not sure who the main designer at Chribska was during this time.   

Anik  :)

Offline Alton11

• Members
Re: ID Help for Unusual Chribska? Vase
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 10:36:45 PM »
Thanks for the info. I guess I will just label it as Chribska 90s. So much to learn....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand