No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID ABP Vase - Bronze mounted.  (Read 485 times)

Offline Keops

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Coins & antiques
    • Argentina
ID ABP Vase - Bronze mounted.
« on: August 01, 2013, 05:24:08 PM »
Hello everyone. My name is Sergio and I'm from Argentina. I apologize for my English but I think you will understand me;) I got here trying to find out what kind of vase I bought. I'm no expert in cut glass so I turn to you. I'm in trouble to determine the type of pattern. I have seen many and I see very similar art in several of them. I think there is no doubt that this is a ABP. I have looked thoroughly and have not found any brand. It's unsigned. It has a really beautiful bronze work. It has 7.5 "diam. (Top) and 9" diam. (high).
As a first step I need your help to determine the type of pattern and then who was the manufacturer. After that we can tell the date it was made and so to give a value too.
Your help is welcome.

Best regards.

Sergio

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Keops

• Members
    • Coins & antiques
    • Argentina
Re: ID ABP Vase - Bronze mounted.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 04:26:24 AM »
To Mod: Thanks for move the post to the adecuate place.

Recently i recieved an expert opinion that says: "Sergio……after lloking at your photos i can not identify the piece, it does not appear to be an ABP in my opinion...the cutting, design,shape and the metal holder are not in any way typical of ABP objects...possibly European of a recent origin, sorry not to be of help"

On another forum I  wrote: "It seems to be Abp or Bohemian Czech but i dont know because they are similar patterns" and a person told me: "Why do you think its Bohemian glass? It may be American Brilliant Cut Glass. I think you may have something extraordinary. Please contact to American Cut Glass Association.

I am really confused. Anyone could  guide me a little?

Thanks....Sergio

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 05:44:34 AM »
I will be as gentle as I can. It is not ABP from the U.S. it is more recent (past decade) Czech, however you are welcome to send it to the ACGA where I am confident they will confirm. These types of vases in these metal holders appeal to interior decorators in the U.S. where to both the designers & clients...age is not a factor. I have seen several of these in malls here over the past decade.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Keops

• Members
    • Coins & antiques
    • Argentina
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 12:48:49 PM »
I understand. Just another person told me the same thing. So, no more to say about this object. Thanks Ohio for taking you time to answer. I appreciate that.
Best regards.

Sergio

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand