No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: walther advice please???  (Read 1657 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
walther advice please???
« on: August 15, 2013, 04:08:54 PM »
Today i saw a lovely art deco centrepiece for sale in an antique centre on my return out of interst i looked up what it was, It seems to be a walther goose girl in a pelikan bowl with the holder the set was £45 and good condition having looked it up it appears the goose girl is fairly scarce is it worth a 20mile round trip to buy the thing in the morning?? Im not sure if £45 is reasonable?
Maybe someone can help thanks.

Offline Morgan48

• Members
Re: walther advice please???
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 09:45:30 AM »
Hi

Ive just had a gander through the Walther 1936 catalogue and I cannot find any reference to a goose girl centrepiece anywhere...would therefore presume its another manufacturer. Any particular reason you thought it was Walther and scarce..??

Regards

Gareth

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 09:49:24 AM »
Dan, just curious here: which colour?

If in good condition all over, the price for a three-piece-centrepiece is adequate for a keen collector like me  ;D

Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Morgan48

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 09:55:24 AM »
Hi again...apologies for my myopic vision...I looked again and see its from a Walther set called Belvedere.... a small photograph and hadn't noticed the geese ..... and youre right ... a really scarce item that I've not seen before and with the number of Walther collectors out there probably a very good price...maybe they'd negotiate down too .....

Gareth

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 09:58:13 AM »
http://www.glas-musterbuch.de/VEB-Sachsenglas-1954.177+B6YmFja1BJRD0xNzcmcHJvZHVjdElEPTc1MTMmcGlkX3Byb2R1Y3Q9MTc3JmRldGFpbD0_.0.html

first appeared in 1936

Gänseliesel might look a little lost in a huge Flamingo bowl but to find the matching Belvedere should be quite easy  ;)
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 03:54:25 PM »
Oh thanks guys will take a trip down there first thing saturday morning i thought it was a good buy but had just bought a marina set in uranium and didnt really have enough ready cash on me at the time, Im hoping too sell it on agasin if anybody interested in it. Thanks for the link pamela that is the right one in the right holder just the bowl that isnt a good match being the one for the pelikan more often. The whole set is in a vivid blue colour pamela.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand