No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Allan Scott and Harry McKay Paperweight  (Read 4777 times)

Offline tubitha

• Members
Allan Scott and Harry McKay Paperweight
« on: May 06, 2006, 05:40:39 PM »
Hi All

We are going to put up on e-bay on Sunday an Allan Scott and Harry McKay 1/1 collaboration weight called Paradise.

This is really for Frank, a picture of this weight appears on the Ysart Glass site and we would like to cross reference to the site as part of the e-bay description.

We actually bought 5 1/1 weights and also wondered if you would like us to try to photo the ones you don't have, we also have Hybrid but the other 3 are not on the site.

Carol and Mike

http://i2.tinypic.com/xc439f.jpg

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 06:10:18 PM »
Hi,

His page is full now, but if they are marked Caithness they can be added to the new Caithness pages.

Allan - are your one-offs officially Caithness?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Simone

• Members
    • Glass Forums
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 06:35:23 PM »
It's gorgeous!  :shock:

When are they going on Ebay?
Women and cats will do as they please,
and men and dogs should get used to the  idea.

Offline tubitha

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 06:48:15 PM »
We are only going to put up one weight for sale and we intend to keep the other 4 as part of our collection.

We will put this one up on Sunday night along with a couple of Willie Manson weights, a Phoenix, a possible early Perthshire ink bottle and a Vasart ink bottle with a damaged neck.

Cheers Carol and Mike

Offline ALLAN

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 11:15:44 AM »
Hi Frank,
             The Scottish Glass Society weights with the "A" & "H" canes are not  Caithness,they are my personal work.If any "One-offs" have a "CG" cane then they are designs I made for Caithness.
              I am curious to know how these weights came to be on the market as I know the person I sold them to was always adamant that he wasn't going to sell them;I do hope he hasn't given up collecting for some reason.

P.s I am busy working on designs for this years SGS exhibition,which starts in July at the Collins Gallery in Glasgow.

Offline tubitha

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 11:36:47 AM »
Hi Allan

We do hope this is not a problem.  We actually went to buy another makers weights and he showed us your 1 of 1's which he thought we might be interested in, after seeing them we bought 5 in total of your 1/1's with the A&H canes. The person concerned we have known for a number of years and he is selling part of his vast collection.

We intend keeping 4 of the 5 but have to sell at least 1 plus parts of our other collections to supplement the costs.  Some bank managers don't understand the lure of paperweights!

I have to say we bought them because we think they are exquisite and are the centrepiece of out weight collection right now.

Carol and Mike

Offline Simone

• Members
    • Glass Forums
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 11:50:05 AM »
Hi, I've got one of Allan's one of ones and it's exquisite. I'd love to have more.
Women and cats will do as they please,
and men and dogs should get used to the  idea.

Offline ALLAN

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 05:44:32 PM »
Hi Carol and Mike,
                          No it isn't a problem at all,I am glad you liked my weights enough to buy 5 of them.I was only surprised at the "HYBRID" and "PARADISE" coming on the market as I knew the seller really loved them and said he was not going to sell them on.You have got a couple of my all time favorite weights there,so good luck in selling the "PARADISE",I hope you get a good price for it. :D
                          Allan

Offline tubitha

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 06:07:39 PM »
Hi Allan

We hope we get a good price as well you can keep an eye on progress as we go.

Carol and Mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand