No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Alexandrite Glass Stag (Paperweight?) Murano or Czech Glass?  (Read 802 times)

Offline wiggy131

• Members
Alexandrite Glass Stag (Paperweight?) Murano or Czech Glass?
« on: August 26, 2013, 08:09:43 PM »
Hello,
         I have come across this lovely colour change glass Stag paperweight. Can you help me ID the maker. I have done some research on other paperweight but can't find this design. It might not be a stag either!
Would be grateful for your help!
Vickie

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
Re: Alexandrite Glass Paperweight Murano or Czech Glass?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 11:34:40 PM »
I',m quite surprised that know one has informed you that your in the wrong forum for this.  I'm sure one of the moderators will move it for you, save you re-posting it. ;)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Alexandrite Glass Stag (Paperweight?) Murano or Czech Glass?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 01:24:01 AM »
Hi Vickie,

Otis's point is valid - if this really is a paperweight. But it looks to be a bit large for a paperweight and also animals and figurines etc. often do better for ID in the general Glass forum.

I have therefore simply changed your title slightly, in the hope that more folk will take a look in here.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Alexandrite Glass Stag (Paperweight?) Murano or Czech Glass?
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 08:49:05 AM »
I'd always assumed this delicate lilac/lavender colour was called neodymium  - with alexandrite like the pieces in this link........ http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,51070.msg289374.html#msg289374

However, a nice piece Vicky :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand