No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Info on Mdina Ornament - Axe head?  (Read 17911 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Info on Mdina Ornament - Axe head?
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2006, 01:36:18 PM »
Probably the seller bought it with faked emails as provenance and did not verify before listing. Appears to be general seller.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2006, 03:41:20 PM »
:D:shock::D

This vase has been listed twice before. The information changed with each listing, before the seller said they contacted Mdina to enquire.  :?
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Weebeeglass

• Members
    • http://www.artiusglass.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2006, 07:51:20 PM »
Hello all you Mdina Avids and pother informed and knowledgable collectors,
Now up until this moment I have remained removed from this discussion. Some of you may know me and also know my background and history so I just thougt you may like to know that we have been in a very lengthy  and from their side  not very nice two way discussion, nay dispute, over the description of this piece. There are still many unanswered and even contentious question marks over the aswers and information, given by the  the seller, to your questions  but that is another issue for another day as  I know they have been following this thread. Suffice it to say at this stage that there are possibly certain Trading Standard issues which may have to be addressed but I have said enough on that part now. However many of you are on the right lines but do not of course have the full unhappy story to date. Now that the item is sold if you would like some bedtime reading I can forward you the saga to serve as a Caveat Emptor. Ask Mark Hill privately by email about my credentials if you want some background and I will forward you the emails over this issue as I now feel you are all, as keen collectors, entitled to know. Look up our website at www.artiusglass.co.uk also. I am always pleased to enter into any amount of discussion with you on an email basis but tend to try not to air my washing in public as it can be used by the unscrupulous - well if it is contentious anyway. Mark, Angela and others know me well enough to verify that I only have the best interests of the Harris 'dynasty' at heart and will defend their honour to the death! ( well to the bitter end of a ' Heated Debate' anyway !). They are still, and have been, a big part of my business life since the early eighties.
Very best regards,
Ron & Ann Wheeler
Artius glass

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand