Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

Royal Brierley

<< < (3/9) > >>

Glen:
My vases were all bought in "posh" shops in Brighton. They all came "officially" boxed and with the Royal Brierley sticker on plus the Royal Brierley info-brochure.

IMHO none of them are factory seconds.

Glen

Pat:
Sorry Glen I wasn't intimating yours were but answering something Pip asked about signatures. I guess I'm wrong. I've had some of these unsigned that were perfect in every sense and also some unsigned ones with a few small 'lumps and bumps'. It wqs just something that someone once led me to believe. No offence meant.

Pat

Glen:
Hi Pat - that's OK  :D I just wanted to note that I am sure my vases weren't seconds. (My dear daughter bought them for me over several years while she was at Sussex Uni. Christmas, birthday, Mother's Day - every chance she got, she would buy me a different iridised vase as she knew how much I loved them. I know they cost her a lot, and I know where she bought them from, which is why I am sure they were good quality retail goods).

Mine were bought in the 1990s. Possibly earlier versions were signed, and the later ones just had the sticker. Just a thought, could be wrong.

Glen

Pat:
Actually Glen I think you may have hit the nail on the head. I saw some for sale in a 'posh' gift shop on hols in the late 90's and they all had labels but I did not check for signatures! That's a real possibility.

catshome:
I am covered in confusion after trying to get to the bottom of the Royal Brierley Studio story, so I thought I'd post to this to bump it and see if anyone has anything new since July.

I bought this piece which started my research :

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10086/smallerDSCN0531.jpg

marked on the bottom "Royal Brierley Studio".

After searching the GMB, I'd read David's comment about production between 1978 -1982, and Glen's note that his pieces were bought from shops in the 1990s, and I'd found Trudy's link to info about Royal Brierley, which showed a picture of a similar piece to mine and said it was made after 2000.

It's going to be staying in the collection for a while so it doesn't matter too much, but it would be good to know a bit more if anyone knows any more?

Thank you
Cat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version