No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart P3 lamp base  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Gary

• Members
Monart P3 lamp base
« on: September 12, 2013, 09:53:59 PM »
Photo one is an image of my latest Monart purchase. It is the base of a mushroom lamp (sadly minus shade) and stands an  16 inches tall and must have looked impressive with a shade. Photo two is a comparison between an average sized Monart mushroom and shape P3 lamp.
Photo three is a macro photo of the top of lamp base.
1/ clear glass outer layer
2/ coloured glass layer
3/ coloured glass layer
4/ white glass inner.
The use of a white inner (not acid etched) in Monart lamps to aid in defusing the light is unusually, but not unknown, code 200 is one other example.
The type of decoration on this lamp is the same as colour code 200 ie 5 pulls of colour top to bottom. The colour on this lamp (colour code 220) is green, some blue and pale brown.
Gary

Offline millarart

• Members
Re: Monart P3 lamp base
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 06:05:22 AM »
very nice, I have an orange one just the base
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 06:03:31 PM »
very nice, I have an orange one just the base
Cheers Gary, the added bonus the lamp came with an extra Monart light fitting.
I have added to a P13 Monart lamp base (shown below), all I need is glass shades to go with them to make them complete lamps.
Gary

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 07:19:46 PM »
lol perfect now the waiting game for the shades begins, any idea how much the single shade made , sure it was lot before your base
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 08:22:14 PM »
lol perfect now the waiting game for the shades begins, any idea how much the single shade made , sure it was lot before your base

I won't be holding my breath waiting for shades for the lamps, I do have an extra shade for the post war mushroom lamp in picture two in my first post, so looking for a base.

I was the under bidder on the single shade, which sold for £150.
Gary

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand