No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help .. Mystery Rune Symbol Contemporary Glass Art? ID = Bergdala  (Read 2817 times)

Offline GoldRipper

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • eBay
    • UK
Help .. Mystery Rune Symbol Contemporary Glass Art? ID = Bergdala
« on: September 17, 2013, 03:04:01 PM »
[Mod: This thread was originally placed in the Glass Market Place forum because the item was, then, in a live auction. As the sale has long since completed and we now have an ID, the thread is moved to the Scandinavian forum.]

I am after info on this piece of art work.  I can not find any information on the internet anywhere.. ANY help would be very much appreciated.. thanks.    I could only upload one small picture.  I have it listed on eBay if you wish to take a better look and there are lots more larger pictures and it can been seen a lot better!
I have put a link at the bottom of this cry for help..

It has four symbols vertically placed in the center and at the bottom it seems to be a signature?? 
A large capital B and a reverse B next to it??  Like an abstract butterfly?

I have discovered that the symbols are Rune symbols for the letters (from top to bottom) spelling out 'Z U N A' ..  this is the Arabic word for the name 'Sunnah'. 
That's all i could find out about the word zuna.

That's all i can work out full stop . Who? when? what?.. any help would be appreciated!

Please help!!!  Thank you kindly in advance for what ever anybody is able to tell me .. thanks..     Please feel free to message me through glassmessages.com or an through an eBay message ... cheers kindly muchly lovely jubbly..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360731734504&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
Hi Justin, had any sensible offers yet ?
Postage a bit 'steep'

Chris  ;D

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
More here: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,27683.0.html

Does the mystery make them even more desirable? :D

John

Offline Greg.

• Members
Came across this labelled Bergdala example today, pictures attached for future reference....

Greg

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Well done Greg. 8)

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: Help .. Mystery Rune Symbol Contemporary Glass Art? ID = Bergdala
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 12:29:32 PM »
Thanks John, had always found these puzzling, good to finally come across one with a label. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand