No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Exbor anxiety  (Read 7731 times)

Offline fontanazul

• Members
  • Kristal-Poesie
    • Czech sklo
    • Málaga - Spain
Re: Exbor anxiety
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 08:14:27 PM »
                   E - X - B - O - R

:'(

A - N - S - I - E - T - Y
Daniel Muriel . [Kristal Poesie]

Offline Mr. Turnip

• Members
  • Some knowledge but is it ever enough?
    • Czech, UK, Scandi glass
    • England
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 03:31:45 PM »
Well thanks fontanazul, I'd say you've created - through the medium of illustration - a reasonably accurate rendition of the feeling one could experience in these circumstances. Further to this trauma I now have a new addition to my Exbor shelf (it's a good, solid shelf - not in any way wobbly, so that's a relief). It's quite an unusual one I think. A whopping 342mm tall, possibly designed by Pavel Hava. Difficult to photograph as the colours are quite dark - it looks a lot better in real life than it does here. Exbor mark is a bit poor but it's there all the same.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 05:18:21 PM »
Wow, beautiful vase!
These square pieces were more likely designed by Adolf Matura >> Link to CGR 1961/7 on Jindrich's site

Michael

Offline Mr. Turnip

• Members
  • Some knowledge but is it ever enough?
    • Czech, UK, Scandi glass
    • England
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 06:21:15 PM »
Thanks for that Michael. Does indeed look as though it might be Adolf Matura then. The shape is mostly like the top, brightly lit of my three pictures, ie. more tapered than it appears in the second picture. I'm afraid my cheap camera has distorted the shape slightly, made it look less tapered than it is. In the book page link you've added it's like the one on the far right of the illustration.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand