No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this a British PW?  (Read 970 times)

Offline chrisade

• Members
    • Australia
Is this a British PW?
« on: September 24, 2013, 12:08:23 AM »
Nice PW that I thought may be British - the lady I purchased from had it for many years. The colours are not as bright as the Murano millefiori PWs. Very slightly indented pontil, some age related wear to the base. There are 9 canes each with 3 "flowers" Measures approx. 7.5cms (3") across and 5cms (2") high Any thoughts about who made it and how old appreciated. Thanks Chris

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline SophieB

• Members
Re: Is this a British PW?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 01:55:48 AM »
Hi Chris,

This is a Strathearn paperweight (i.e. Scottish), a P7. This is a rather common Strathearn. If you wish more information on this glassmaker, you should have look at Richard More's website - it is wonderful:

http://strathearn.smugmug.com

SophieB

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chrisade

• Members
    • Australia
Re: Is this a British PW?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 02:04:30 AM »
Hello SophieB,
Thanks for the info, I have checked out Richard More's website and will keep it as a favourite!
Cheers
Chris

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand