No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Copier Leerdam.  (Read 2681 times)

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
Copier Leerdam.
« on: November 11, 2013, 02:47:37 PM »
Hi again,anybody know what these were made for,champagne for very small folk?and a date,they look a bit art deco with the cut stems but there is very little wear.7cm ht,8cm wd.I've had them ages,but rain has stopped play so i'm having a Belgian day. :)many thanks.

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
Re: Copier Leerdam.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 03:02:59 PM »
Or Dutch even!there close though ::)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 03:11:08 PM »
Possibly from the Rex service, if so design dates back to '47 but your photo is not in focus and the detail on the stems is lost.

Not commenting on your geographical wobbliness. ;)

John

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 03:34:22 PM »
Thanks John,hope these are better.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 04:11:30 PM »
Much better, yes could well be from the Rex service going by the stems (lovely shape btw). I rarely see any Leerdam on my travels here, hopefully someone else will be able to be more definitive.

John

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 04:20:30 PM »
Ok, not Rex....

The glasses are shown with matching decanter on page 229 of Complete Copier, described as "Liquor set with cut stopper" 1929. Height 70mm - so spot on.

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 04:57:27 PM »
Thanks John, really chuffed with that id,would they have uranium in them do you think?can't wait to find some more Austrian glass ;) ;)

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 11:39:46 AM »
I was thinking about putting these up on eBay,my first ever eBay foray ???,i've found a brown coloured one that went for £18 in 2007 and two this colour that went for £225 in 2008??I know pricing is not talked about on here and they are down,but roughly speaking do you just take a guess and see what happens,i'm not looking for prices just an idea how you go about it,many thanks.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 05:39:06 PM »
It is almost one of those how long is a piece of string questions. Is there a Dutch Ebay or equivalent? You could attempt to research prices there.

You would want that kind of info if setting a price, sometimes I set a high price and if it does not sell keep dropping it until there is a twitch on the line. For auctions I start low then sit back and see what happens.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both, consider how quickly you want a sale and if you are prepared to sell at any price.

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 06:31:44 PM »
Thanks John,i'll see if i can find a few more recent sales,my book list is getting larger by the minute  and i've been informed this hobby has to fund itself ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand