No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Fire & Ice Book  (Read 2123 times)

Offline kerry

• Members
Fire & Ice Book
« on: November 15, 2013, 02:30:53 AM »
I have been keeping an eye out for this book for some time now - am starting to think its got quite rare.
Am I just unlucky or is this book very hard to get?  I am in Australia - so even it is was on Amazon, a lot of sellers don't post to here.
Would appreciate it if someone would let me know what the availability of this book is - so if I do come across one I am going to have to PAY quite a bit and grab it quick!
Thanks
Kerry
p.s. do the books Fire and Sea, Smoke and Ice supersede Fire & Ice - or are they different content altogether?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Fire & Ice Book
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 07:28:28 AM »
Fire and Sea and Smoke and Ice are by Leslie Pina, but they are the only books she gas written on Scandinavian glass

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 09:30:45 AM »
As far as I know there are still copies about, they are not the cheapest of books but they are useful though far from perfect. Fire and Sea generally covers coloured glass, Smoke and Ice mainly covers clear and smoked glass. A slightly confused distinction but I guess they thought there was more money in producing two books rather than one very large one...

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline kisslikeether

• Members
    • 20th Century Scandianvian
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 05:47:31 PM »
have you tried abebooks? They are a great resource for hard to find books & you can set up email alerts to notify you when a copy becomes available :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand