No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Vase could be by Frantisek Peceny - ID = Vaclav Hanus  (Read 5858 times)

Offline David555

• Members
Vase could be by Frantisek Peceny - ID = Vaclav Hanus
« on: May 13, 2006, 12:10:02 AM »
Hi

This vase has probably been covered before and I missed it LOL

I guess this goes out to Marcus

600g weight, 16cm high, 8cm rim diameter, 4.5cm base diameter. I think it is post war Czech with the deep well base, colour and shape – it’s a lovely simple design where the triangular shaped top’s edges split into grooves mid way.

There are quite a few tiny bubbles here and there in this vase some have pocked at the surface – they are tiny but noticeable as some are filled with a black substance (carbon)

I am sticking my neck out but the design looks like František Pečeny - most likely wrong!

Thanks

Adam P
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Sklounion

Vase could be by Frantisek Peceny (IS Frantisek Vizner)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 05:03:16 AM »
Hi Adam,

The vase appears to be the 160mm variant of pattern number 902, produced at Rosice, and possibly the earliest piece, (1962) designed by Frantisek Vizner for that factory. Also known to exist in a 205mm variant.

I don't know that I can help with your second item.

Regards,

Marcus

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 06:27:30 AM »
I keep changing the label over on that one, Marcus - last time I was made to believe it was a Frantisek Zemek vase from 1963. I don't mind, really - I prefer Vizners to designs by someone I never heard of.

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-1729

Sklounion

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 07:04:45 AM »
Hi Ivo,
Part of the problem is that certain designers produced very similar items, (which is probably why Adam thought this might be Peceny, as it bears a resemblance to the 1955 fruit service) which occasionally CGR labelled up wrongly. This now has a correct and definitive id. Won't be changed again.
regards,
Marcus

Offline David555

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 02:04:50 PM »
Thanks Marcus
 :D  :D  :D  :D
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline premys

• Members
Re: Vase could be by Frantisek Peceny (IS Frantisek Vizner)
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 09:46:16 PM »
Befor i thank Mr. Jindra8525. We had for him question "from who is this vase between Vízner and Pečený?" This vase ID: Václav Hanuš, Rudlofova huť 1957, 12966.
I try to show diferencies with allowed pictures.
First: František Pečený 1955 Heřmanova Huť, 11964, second: František Vízner Rosice 1962, last: Václav Hanuš, Rudlofova huť 1957, 12966

Offline premys

• Members
Re: Vase Václav Hanuš, Rudolfova Huť 1957, 12966
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 09:48:35 PM »
First: František Pečený 1955 Heřmanova Huť, 11964, second: František Vízner Rosice 1962, last: Václav Hanuš, Rudlofova huť 1957, 12966
I hope, that is apparently in the picture, vase form František Pečený is scroll.

Offline Jeffingtons

• Members
    • GB
Re: Vase could be by Frantisek Peceny - ID = Vaclav Hanus
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 05:18:17 PM »
Hi all

I have the first vase in this thread in purple and am planning to put on ebay this weekend.  Before I do, can I just confirm that the correct identification is Vaclav Hanus and not the Frantisek Vizner attribution in the second post?  Don't want to go misleading anyone accidentally.
Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand