No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Riihimaki vases  (Read 3208 times)

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
Riihimaki vases
« on: January 06, 2014, 05:39:23 PM »
Hi all,i've had the taller of the two vases for a while and found a post on here id'ing it as designed by Erkkitapip Siiroinen for Riihmaki , the 28cm height,the 25cm size seems to have a different base,the smaller one i found recently with the same type base and as near as the same colour so i think it must be Riihimaki,can anyone confirm it is and if it maybe the same designer,it's 18cm ht.Also of interest maybe ,i'm sure on the larger one there is the faintest hint of a lettering,seems to be alot of i's,almost like it was reheated after being signed,but it could be just some sort of very faint smudging,many thanks.

Offline cooper1726

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • riihimaki
    • england
Re: Riihimaki vases
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 05:41:48 PM »
hi the largest of your vases is by erkkitapio sirroinen design number 1379, the smaller has been attributed to tamara aladin who also designed for riihimaki. the label could be riihimaki riimean lasi oy ?hope this helps

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 06:32:55 PM »
Thanks cooper and welcome. :)

Offline cooper1726

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • riihimaki
    • england
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 07:57:22 PM »
thanks , i have the same erkkitapio vase in my collection and others too which i ve posted pics on flickr in the riihimaki group user name cooper1726

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 07:46:05 AM »
Very nice,thanks for sharing.

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 06:40:14 PM »
To be precise, The Finnish Glass museum has published known works of Tamara Aladin and the smaller one is not among them.

It is found in Riihimäen Lasi Oy's export price list. The export models were marketed anonymously - no designer mentioned and thus most of them will never be attributed. It is presumed Tamara Aladin designed many or even most of them but since there is no documentation left nobody knows exactly which ones.

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 08:15:09 AM »
Thanks px,the smaller one does seem less angular in design than a lot of them,i guess you'd just have to describe it as more than possibly designed by Tamara Aladin. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand