No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Vague sort of Monart question!  (Read 2248 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Vague sort of Monart question!
« on: May 13, 2006, 07:56:56 PM »
Just trying to ascertain if I'm learning anything here :shock: Today I saw a large bowl in clear and pink mottled with lots of bubbles.and thought "that might be Monart or Vasart". Having failed to find the picture I thought I'd saved on my phone :oops: I have looked through the website and come up with shape MB size IV or V. Round ground pontil, no mark or label. Does the coloration sound likely that it was Monart and if so was £35 reasonable?

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 09:06:22 PM »
Hi Christine,

Have a look at these bases
http://www.ysartglass.com/BaseLabel/Bases.htm

and this colour

Which is not a good picture, but it is pale pink in a zigzag on clear, it also has silver coloured flakes in.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 11:45:23 AM »
Thanks Frank. The base certainy seems likely. Still not sure about the colour, it was what I would call a pale fuschia and I certainly don't remember thinking there were any silver flakes, just lots of intentional bubbles. I'll have to look much closer and make some notes if it's there when I go back again.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 02:31:56 PM »
Were the bubbles fairly random sizes but organised loosely in lines like:

or random all over like this:

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 04:39:09 PM »
Perhaps directional. My visual memory is appalling unless I've been able to give something a word label or have handled or seen it more than once! :oops: Good job I can remember words - at least English ones - otherwise I'd be sunk as an editor and proof reader!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand