Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

Stuart Strathearn and 1960s Caithness

<< < (6/6)

Pkay:

--- Quote from: Anne ---I've just explored your pictures, Pete, and found that the unknown lamp base I found today in Carlisle is the same as your Caithness early lamp base by Domhnall Obroin here: Lamp Base except mine is the Peat colour not green.
--- End quote ---

Hi Anne,

A very nice find! I'm glad to have helped in a roundabout way with the i-d. 
According to Miller's 2004 this design featured in 'Modern Glass' by Geoffrey Beard in 1968 and was described as being 'the most modern glass design'.  I wouldn't have argued with that statement today, never mind nearly 40 years ago,..pure class!  8)   Not that I was here 40 years ago!

Thanks for the i-d on the Ravenhead glasses, at last I've updated the details.  I actually quite like these and use them myself, usually the tumblers for my pomegranite juice, though I find a lot of people don't seem to like drinking from blue glass for some reason.

Thanks again,
Pete

Anne:

--- Quote from: "Pkay" ---
Hi Anne,

A very nice find! I'm glad to have helped in a roundabout way with the i-d.  
According to Miller's 2004 this design featured in 'Modern Glass' by Geoffrey Beard in 1968 and was described as being 'the most modern glass design'.  I wouldn't have argued with that statement today, never mind nearly 40 years ago,..pure class!  8)   Not that I was here 40 years ago!

Thanks again,
Pete
--- End quote ---

I agree with you - it still looks fresh and modern. I just need to find a suitable fitting for it and it's going into use as a lamp again. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version