No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: pressed glass tumbler  (Read 607 times)

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
pressed glass tumbler
« on: February 02, 2014, 09:18:18 AM »
Morning all,only a humble pressed tumbler but i'm really pleased to have found it for some reason even though i don't think it's very old,it's 8.5cm ht and 7 wd with wear you'd associate with old glass on the base and rim so well loved and used i would imagine,it does intice you to use it.Hopefull i know, but any ideas?many thanks.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
Re: pressed glass tumbler
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 11:22:58 AM »
Anchor Hocking i think. :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 12:22:56 PM »
if your thoughts were correct, then shouldn't this piece show one of the variations of the factory marks...........  some form of combined H and/or anchor -  unless there was a period when their glass was unmarked.

Ref.  'Glass fact file a - z'  -  Ivo Haanstra  via  Millers  -  2001  (extremely useful, and really does fit into the pocket) ;)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline bat20

• Members
    • east sussex
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 01:06:06 PM »
Looks like a dead ringer for their Wexford line to me Paul,but with that wear it must be when they started it,early 60's,i wouldn't be overly upset if i was wrong though. :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand