No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Any ideas on this etched mark, please? ID = Webb Corbett  (Read 865 times)

Offline Fen

• Members
Any ideas on this etched mark, please? ID = Webb Corbett
« on: February 03, 2014, 04:51:00 PM »
I'm off to lend a hand at a seniors afternoon tea tomorrow and we will be having a raffle for the local Hospice. I thought I'd take this bowl as a contribution and it would be nice if I could identify it for them. It's an etched mark which has defeated my photographic skills. It appears to be round dots with two lines at an angle emanating from them. Underneath, there appears to be a line of dots between two sets of separated parallel lines. The bowl is six inches high by six across. Any ideas anyone?

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Any ideas on this etched mark, please?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 05:34:55 PM »
Webb Corbett as far as I remember.

Circa 1970 according to: http://www.great-glass.co.uk/glass%20notes/markt-z.htm#W

John

Offline Fen

• Members
Re: Any ideas on this etched mark, please?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 05:38:53 PM »
Thank you. I appreciate it.

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Any ideas on this etched mark, please? ID = Webb Corbett
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 05:46:27 PM »
It also looks a little like a Royal Doulton mark i have , but i am waiting for cataract op . so could be WEBB c .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand