Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: Stevens and Williams Arboresque question  (Read 1102 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Stevens and Williams Arboresque question
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2014, 05:52:46 PM »
By the 1930s it would have been known as Royal Brierley.
I looked up Royal Brierley Arboresque but the only reference I could find was this in the Corning.
Tantalising but unable to 'open'  any of the references. It is to a trade catalogue
that contains
'Stemware, tumblers, cut vases, bowls, decanters, celeries, etc.; also colored Arboresque.
Dated by reference to Stevens & Williams description books.'

http://www.cmog.org/library/royal-brierley-crystal-catalog-sheets-tableware

With reference this thread - they are unable to take queries at Broadfield House at the moment, however I have asked the question and if they have time they will look into this.  It's not as easy as just opening a book unfortunately.  The records are not held at Broadfield House. 
I'll come back if I have an update.

m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Stevens and Williams Arboresque question
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2014, 08:28:42 PM »
I found this coming up in the Fieldings sale
http://fieldingsauctioneers.co.uk/lot/104883
'A large late 19th Century Stevens & Williams Arabesque bowl of circular form with a petal edged rim decorated with an applied white crackle finish over the graduated cranberry to clear ground, mounted to a silver plated twin handled stand with fruiting berry feet, width 24cm'

A crackle glass bowl with a white overlay crackle described as
Late 19th century Stevens and Williams Arabesque

I think there might have been some confusion somewhere in the books between Arabesque (description of) and the range named Arboresque (still to discover what this range might look like but have proposed it is possibly the range we know as Stevens and Williams rainbow).

No reply from Broadfield House on this query and I'm not able to go next week unfortunately (planning now to be there early April)
m

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com