No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Some lovely American studio pieces  (Read 1135 times)

Offline BobKegeles

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Caithness Paperweights
    • USA
    • Bubbles Baubles and Blown Glass
Some lovely American studio pieces
« on: February 17, 2014, 03:48:01 AM »
I figured I'd share a few interesting pieces from some of the premier American studio glass artists.

This is a small collection of silver nitrate pieces, 4pieces, each a different artist.

The shallow dome is Randy Strong, he's been working since the 70's, and is considered top tier.

The flat piece is Joan Reep, she retired a few years back, started working in the 60's, is considered one of the earliest, and most influential women in the American studio glass resurgence.

The paperweight is by Craig Zweifel, also recently retired, he started working in the 70's, and again is considered top tier, perhaps top 10 of American studio artists.

The egg is from Hot Island Glass of Maui Hawaii. Very highly regarded, but not very well known.

Thought peeps might enjoy something a little different.
Bob Kegeles

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline BobKegeles

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Caithness Paperweights
    • USA
    • Bubbles Baubles and Blown Glass
Re: Some lovely American studio pieces
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 04:03:37 AM »
I forgot to say, the two flat pieces (strong and Reep) are about 5" across, the egg about 4 1/2" tall, and the Zweifel is 3 1/2" across, 3" high
Bob Kegeles

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand