No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Perth Museum refurbishment  (Read 1989 times)

Offline Gary

• Members
Perth Museum refurbishment
« on: January 27, 2014, 08:31:01 PM »
Perth museum is closed until early March for refurbishment. The one bit of good news is that they are moving the glass collection from current position ( a fairly dark corner of the museum) to the rotunda part of the museum, which is a larger, lighter and airy space. The top of dome in the rotunda has a  glass roof which allows daylight in.
Hopefully they will display more of their reserve collection glass that is in storage.
Gary

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Perth Museum refurbishment
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 11:43:04 AM »
I've got all me bits crossed that they will be displaying far more of their glass.
The only "new" piece on display I have ever seen is Frank's yellow with canes vase.

And I have been visiting fairly often for the last 15 years.
They keep all the best stuff hidden... :'(

The space in the rotunda isn't that big, really is it? I suppose it will depend on how they organise the cabinets, but if they only put them "backs to the walls", it's not a lot. There are big wide openings into it.
But at least the light will be better. :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand