No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Please help with Stained Glass? ... Fused Glass  (Read 505 times)

Offline luvthebadge

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass floats,stained glass
    • united states
Please help with Stained Glass? ... Fused Glass
« on: March 01, 2014, 06:23:42 AM »
I posted earlier but the pictures didn't go up. so im trying again. I believe these panels are stained glass but not to sure. They seem to me to be maybe from the 1960's era but again not sure. I think they might be from an artist maybe or a manufacturer. I really don't have any clue on information regaurding these panels. Im pretty sure they used to be in an entry way next to a front door. I was thinking of selling them but wouldn't know what kind of price I should put on them. Any help with any info on these would be wonderful.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Please help with Stained Glass?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 09:14:47 AM »
Hiya and welcome to the GMB.

These panels are fused glass, not stained. This type of work is usually done in the local glazer's workshop so they are incredibly hard to identify. Unless you discover a signature somewhere your best shot is to ask around at local glazing shops in your area - maybe someone will recognise it.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline kimo

• Members
    • Deco, nouveau, brilliant
    • America
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 04:31:03 PM »
Are they signed?  Normally serious artists of this sort of thing will sign their work. 

A price would be very difficult to assign since you would first need to find someone with a front door with light panels of that size, and then find one among those who liked the design of these which may not be easy if they were not made by a well known artist since this particular design might not appeal to most people.  If not made by a well known artist I would not expect them to bring very much money.

Offline luvthebadge

• Members
    • united states
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 10:36:08 PM »
Where would i look for some kind of signiture? Ill look and see. Thank you so much for the info so far. Nice to know also the are fussed glass. Any more info would help if someone has it. Thanks again

Offline kimo

• Members
    • Deco, nouveau, brilliant
    • America
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 12:45:29 AM »
The first and most likely place would be in a corner of the glass, etched on the glass.  The second place would be on the frame, in a corner.

Offline luvthebadge

• Members
    • united states
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 06:11:04 AM »
Thank you I will take a look and see.Ill let you know if I find one. Kinda hope I do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand