No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Archimede Seguso Label?  (Read 3583 times)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Re: Archuimede Seguso Label?
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 04:35:10 PM »
That is intriguing David,  and as always, very informative. As you say Rick, this is all part of the learning process... many,  including myself, have learned a lot from this posting, so thank you for sharing and posting such clear pictures.  :)
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline BDG55

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • murano
    • USA
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 10:55:30 PM »
Your welcome Rosie, and thanks for the kind words.  I've been collecting Murano glass for only a year and have grown to love it!  I've learned so much from this board, Fossillfly, and especially Anita, who I pester with question on a regular basis lol.

Regards
Rick

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 12:34:52 AM »
Thanks Rick,  I mostly collect glass animals and birds,  and many are Murano...and like you,  I too run to Anita when I need help confirming pieces.... although  David has also helped confirm pieces for me in the past and is a mine of information that is concise, interesting and above all, understandable!!
I have recently started to collect V Nason Cars,  boats and buildings,  and have amassed quite a collection in a remarkably short time.... They look like Jellies and as soon as the decorating (post window installation, that is house windows,  not computer windows!!) is complete,  I will take some good pictures... in the meantime,  there are many on Facebook if you are a member and are interested in seeing them.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline BDG55

• Members
    • murano
    • USA
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 02:04:28 AM »
No Rosie, I don't use Facebook.  I have an account but don't visit it often.  Please let me know when you post your "Jellies".

Rick

Offline ardy

• Members
Re: Archimede Seguso Label?
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 07:46:45 AM »
Gorgeous things Rick. Many of us here have AS pieces where the scolloped label has left its outside mark. Never seen this before with named labels but there again the ones I have are in reasonable condition and don't look like coming off. It is almost certainly glue and not etching as David said.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline BDG55

• Members
    • murano
    • USA
Re: Archimede Seguso Label?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 12:21:30 PM »
Thanks for your input Ardy.  I've heard from many people, on the board and outside, who confirmed the glue etching explanation.  I've found this so interesting and thank everybody for sharing their expertise.

Regards
Rick

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand