No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Cenedese Scavo Glass ??  (Read 2226 times)

Offline bmw1

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • 20th Century Glass
    • Bristol
Cenedese Scavo Glass ??
« on: March 12, 2014, 06:13:35 PM »
I have listed this under the 'Murano & Italy Glass' discussion rather than 'Glass Identification' as one item has a label .... which is a bit of a give-away. I'm just trying to clarify if the others are the same - so it falls a bit in the middle.

I am assuming the 5 pieces in the attached photos are Scavo Glass.

One has a worn 'Cenedese Vetri Murano' label on the base, but 'Cenedese' is NOT scribed on the ground rectangular area.

The other 4 are without lables but similarly nothing is scribed in the ground rectangular area.

Does anyone know:

a) Whether 'Cenedese' frequently left that area unscribed ?
b) Are the unlabelled items likely to be attributable to Cenedese ?
c) Any ideas on dating for these type of items ?

Any help appreciated .... and apologies if it is listing in the wrong place.

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Re: Cenedese Scavo Glass ??
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 07:41:10 AM »
Yes these are Cenedese and scavo...it is not uncommon for them to be not signed, such a prolific output! Especially these pieces. Probably around the 1970's or so but someone with more Cenedese knowledge should be able to confirm the era they were made in. Lovely pieces, they look really good together in a group :)

Offline bmw1

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • 20th Century Glass
    • Bristol
Re: Cenedese Scavo Glass ??
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 10:24:34 AM »
Thanks for the response - appreciated.

I had sent an enquiry direct to cenedesegino.it but no reply ...... should have come direct to the experts first !

Yes - they do look particularly good as a group, especially with the varying heights and all different colours ....... first time I'd actually put them together like that.

Regards,  bmw1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand