No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Red Glass Vase Aventurine Amber Tadpoles Maybe Gray-Stan. ID = Salviati  (Read 1790 times)

Offline cxgirl

• Members
Hi,
I have this red glass vase with gold aventurine  and trying to figure out who made this. I thought maybe Italy when I first saw this. When my other vase was identified as Gray-Stan I started to research the company as I had never heard of them. I came across a goblet vase that had the same amber tadpoles or tears and thought maybe.
This is 5 1/2"H and is very thin glass.
Any ideas or information is greatly appreciated.
Mary

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Red Glass Vase Aventurine Amber Tadpoles Maybe Gray-Stan
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 07:59:14 AM »
Salviati for sure , a well known and well documented design .  jp

Offline cxgirl

• Members
Thanks JP! I had thought Italy at first - guess I should trust my instinct.
Mary

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Very Nice -- Indeed!!
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline cxgirl

• Members
Thanks Rose, it is a beauty.
JP you wrote it is a well known and well documented design - I've been searching and not finding anything similar so I need some help. Are the amber bits called tadpoles or teardrops? Sorry, I don't have books on Salviati so I'm relying on google to find information and I guess I'm  not using the right keywords. I have searched past posts on Salviati and seen some beautiful pieces, just nothing the same.
When would this have been made? No signature on this, maybe paper labels would have been used?
Any info is appreciated.
Mary

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand