No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Loetz Ausführung 166 arrived with a piece of card folded around it and taped....  (Read 2613 times)

Offline charliepedro

• Members
I hope some of you feel my pain.... :'(

Offline Greg.

• Members
That's a sad picture indeed. I feel your pain!  :'(

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
I felt your pain when I was handed a second-hand jiffy bag by the postie. It wasn't even a bubblewrap lined one - it was the kind with old paper bits as the "stuffing".
Inside, was an early bit of Studio glass, possibly RCA, with a lot more damage than it started its journey with.

On the other hand, I'd given a friend an old plate with some food I'd made for her journey on it. It was an OLD one, no longer part of any set, I didn't want it back.

But she posted it back to me in a (new, bubblewrap lined) jiffy bag anyway. It arrived intact.  ::)

That is a real disaster, charliepedro. A crying shame. What a waste of a lovely bit of glass. :'( :'( :'(
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Re: Loetz Ausführung 166 arrived with a piece of card folded
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 05:57:17 PM »
This happens all too often... I hope you get a refund.  I received a lovely very unusual blue squirrel in the post yesterday posted in one of those old tatty paper filled Jiffy bags.  Mercifully it arrived intact,  but this was my message to the seller prior to him posting it:

"Hi, I am delighted to win this glass squirrel.  Please can I ask you to wrap him very carefully with lots of bubble wrap in a  strong cardboard box, so that he withstands the postal service.  I will let you know as soon as he arrives and leave feedback for you. Many thanks, "

It arrived OK thank heavens but I have left neutral feedback because he actually charged nearly twice as much to post as it cost him!!

So, yes charlipedro,  I DO feel your pain and your angst at what was quite avoidable.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
such a shame... that was a really pretty Ausf 166....

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Offline Sendhandfran

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • UK
Aww, thats terrible. Little consolation but at least it was nothing you did. I broke my first vase recently, honestly i cried:(
Victorian glass. Uranium

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Thats heartbreaking i received a 17" gulvase in yelow and white in the post it was pressed into the corners of the box and arrived minus big chunks of the rim i nearly cried, Received a full refund but wasnt the point. I decided to glue it back together over a period of time and just enjoy it as it is..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand