No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: latest Monart purchase  (Read 3946 times)

Offline millarart

• Members
latest Monart purchase
« on: April 08, 2014, 10:57:53 AM »
heres my latest Monart purchase, a nice wee shape PD size 4 inches in height, rare shape, first one ive seen ever
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
Re: latest Monart purchase
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 11:26:05 AM »
It's lovely, is it mainly yellow in the body or does it have orange in it? Pictures are only little.
Where do you get all your Monart from, there isn't any in my neck of the woods!   ;D I'm very jealous.
This is my Monart HF - have you seen one like this with just the mottled colours throughout?

Roberta
Roberta

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 12:01:04 PM »
Gary has special agents on"the dark side" who help him find Monart, Roberta. That is the only explanation for his incredible good luck and fortune in tracking it down.

He has a specially modified nose to sniff it out in dark corners, he has extrasensory perception which pings when he approaches somewhere that has had anything Ysart-related close to it, and invisible 7 league boots to get him to it before anybody else can.  ;D

I think it's called "total dedication". 8)

Very, very pretty thing, Gary. I LOVE the shape.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 12:50:20 PM »
It's lovely, is it mainly yellow in the body or does it have orange in it? Pictures are only little.
Where do you get all your Monart from, there isn't any in my neck of the woods!   ;D I'm very jealous.
This is my Monart HF - have you seen one like this with just the mottled colours throughout?

Roberta
Hi Roberta, its mottled yellow and white with the neck in a bronze/brown mottling with gold adventurine , no orange, I have seen monart bowls in mottled orange though maybe different shade from yours, theres plenty Monart out there you just have to find it lol

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 12:51:06 PM »
Gary has special agents on"the dark side" who help him find Monart, Roberta. That is the only explanation for his incredible good luck and fortune in tracking it down.

He has a specially modified nose to sniff it out in dark corners, he has extrasensory perception which pings when he approaches somewhere that has had anything Ysart-related close to it, and invisible 7 league boots to get him to it before anybody else can.  ;D

I think it's called "total dedication". 8)

Very, very pretty thing, Gary. I LOVE the shape.
lol sue haha

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 12:51:45 PM »

Roberta
whats the base like on your vase Roberta

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 01:02:02 PM »
bigger pic

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 01:02:55 PM »
next pic bigger

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 01:17:15 PM »
one for Roberta

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 01:21:02 PM »
 ;D Looks even more lovely in the bigger pictures! Unusual colour - don't see many like that. And a little size too.

My base - typical Monart - see picture.

I've just bought an ashtray and a bigger bowl (cracked a bit but I don't mind that) can't wait to get them next week!

As an aside, what do you think of this
 JOHN MONCRIEFF LTD., PERTH `MONART` GLASS VASE, CIRCA 1930 at Lyon & Turnbull on 16/4/14

Doesn't look right to me ???

roberta
Roberta

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand