No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: maker of blue glass compotes - ID = Fenton Valencia pattern  (Read 2072 times)

Offline debharris1

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Australia
maker of blue glass compotes - ID = Fenton Valencia pattern
« on: April 09, 2014, 06:23:21 AM »
hello, i'm new to the glassmessages.com site. hope you all can help me. i have bought recently 2x blue compotes or candle holders, i was wondering if anyone could give me some info on them, ie: maker, era, value? i would be most appreciative of any info, cause i have none. They are moulded glass, as seams are evident - looking for answers - deb

Offline jsmeasell

• Author
  • Members
Re: maker of blue glass compotes
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 11:17:01 PM »
Valencia pattern, Colonial Blue glass color, made by Fenton Art Glass Co., Williamstown, West Virginia, USA, starting in 1969 and extending into the mid-1970s. These are candleholders "No. 8374 CB" in the Fenton system. The design inspiration for Valencia was a covered item made by Moser.
James Measell, Historian
Fenton Art Glass Co.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand