No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pressed glass vase RD 410631, 1903 – precise registration details, please?  (Read 1474 times)

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
A bit of a mystery - a cylindrical pressed glass vase, the sides decorated in an imitation cut design, and the inside base bearing design registration number 410631 (which would have been registered between 22 May 1903 and 3 June 1903).

(Permission for the re-use of this image on the GMB granted by 7877cairns).

Not listed in Thompson, Slack only lists RD numbers up to 1900, and too early for the ‘Blue Book’. The number has been double-checked in case it was originally misread.

Does anyone have any more information regarding the precise registration details for RD 410631, please?

Fred.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
nope............            But I hope to get to Kew later this week, so will look at the details for you.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
I was going to say that perhaps we're at cross-purposes with this one, but I think the Kew pattern is the same as in your picture Fred  -  just that the definition in your photograph isn't too good, and of course the shape is different.
Let me know if there's something wrong  -  and Class 4 as we suspected.

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Wales
Thank you, Paul.

The pattern is obviously the same in my photo and in the design representation.

There are, however, two unresolved questions – the name of the registrant and the registration date?

Fred.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
I knew there was something missing ;) :-[       ....   will do best to rectify in due course.

Confusingly, it seems that there are a few groups of Rd. Nos. where there appears to be more than one Register book (not the Representations part), with details regarding the Registrant's name.   
This particular Rd. No. is part of just such a group and seems I've photographed the part which omits the name.

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Wales
Thank you, Paul - no problem.

Fred.

Offline LinzC

• Members
    • NE England Glass History
    • UK
    • Heart of Glass
I picked this up for 50p today, same shape as the design representation. There is no lid, but it looks like it should have one.

"REG No 410631" inside, on the base.

Interesting that the register book says "? biscuit jar" - my jar stands 3" tall, and the upper lip is 2.75" in diameter.  Could fit mini cookies in, but not proper biscuits. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand