No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Gigantic 1930s Vaseline Uranium Glass Folded Bowl  (Read 474 times)

Offline horochar

• Members
Gigantic 1930s Vaseline Uranium Glass Folded Bowl
« on: May 02, 2014, 03:27:28 AM »
This is a monster of a vaseline/uranium glass bowl, quite large.  No markings, of course.  I'd love to know who made it and when.

Thanks,
Charles

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Gigantic 1930s Vaseline Uranium Glass Folded Bowl
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 06:22:17 AM »
I don't know who made it but I'm pretty sure you should be looking your side of the pond

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline horochar

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 03:49:27 AM »
Thanks!  That's what I suspected.  I would have posted it in USA glass, but the silly rules require any ID request be posted here, rather than in the country-specific pages.

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 02:01:40 PM »
What is necessary is a closeup side shot of the foot to see the design. Thats the best way to be able to pinpoint possibilities & eliminate others when dealing with U.S. glass bowls. You don't give measurements, but it looks as if its a from a standard console bowl mold that was hot worked & reformed into the shape. I say that because there are not that many manufactures that used that folded shape...I did see something similar years ago that turned out to be Liberty (Egg Harbor NJ). 

Offline horochar

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 04:24:05 PM »
Sorry for delay.  I've been out junking.  :)  If anyone should know who made this piece, it's you Ohio!  (You were a huge help on that Amberina bow a few weeks ago).  Here's the bottom.  As for size, the bowl is quite large, 14" long.

Thanks,
Charles

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 01:13:25 AM »
Charles lets do this the right way. You need to join the U.S. group I am on since quite a bit of the glass you post is U.S. based & you can post your European glass here as you currently do. The U.S. board is below & we have hundreds of members & a gallery with of thousands & thpusands of manufacturers pictures. Post the latest of your pics (this one) there & just say Ken sent you. The URL is below:

http://chataboutdg.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand