No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano Amanti (the Lovers) statue - signature identity?  (Read 2442 times)

Offline neil53

• Members
Murano Amanti (the Lovers) statue - signature identity?
« on: May 03, 2014, 02:59:56 PM »
Hi, I recently bought this statue which I hope is Murano and not a Chinese copy.  It stands 33 cm (13 inches) tall, has a paper "Made in Italy - Murano - Venezia" paper label on the head of one paramour and a signature on the base.  It also has a scratched "123 of 150" limited edition scratching above the signature.  Murano isn't normally my thing so I am hoping that somebody can a) let me know if it is Murano or a copy, and b) identify the signature which is not one I can find online.  It appears to read "S.Feattimo" or similar.

Thanks in anticipation.
Neil

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: Murano Amanti (the Lovers) statue - signature identity?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 03:26:05 PM »
Hi Neil,
A possibility, may be Sandro Frattin, although i'm not completely sure the signatures are a match or not.

Greg

Offline neil53

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 03:57:36 PM »
Thanks Greg, I think you got it in one - see http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=3970 which has a similar statue with an almost identical signature attributed to Frattin.  Thank you!

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 06:26:35 AM »
Your welcome Neil.  Looks like a good match.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand