No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Fat bird , could it be by Livio Seguso perhaps ? Thanks .  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
Fat bird , could it be by Livio Seguso perhaps ? Thanks .
« on: May 04, 2014, 11:55:47 AM »
This bird is 4.5 inches tall and looks similar in style to other fat birds by Livio Seguso . No signature or label. Thanks for looking. Ta , Mike.
Mike

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Fat bird , could it be by Livio Seguso perhaps ? Thanks .
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 01:52:39 AM »
These were done by a few people for different companies. The design looks like Livio Seguso for Seguso AV, but I haven't seen a sommerso one done for them. The sommerso looks like the type done for Cenedese and Salviati during the time. I don't know, but I think that Livio might tie these companies together around 1970. Many of their designs were similar around this time. Anyway... I think you're right that it may be Livio, but I don't know for which company.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
Re: Fat bird , could it be by Livio Seguso perhaps ? Thanks .
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 11:04:34 AM »
Thanks very much Anita for your help. I hope a similar bird will fly in with a label (tagged !)  one day  ;)
Mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand