No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Oval pink and white glass bowl with gold ...Seguso perhaps ?  (Read 4715 times)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Oval pink and white glass bowl with gold ...Seguso perhaps ?
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2014, 02:20:56 PM »
Sounds good to me, John. Then that is what it is. I didn't know how it was done.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2014, 02:39:58 PM »
I would guess (emphasis on guess) that polveri might be used to describe a few slightly different techniques or uses of fine (pulverised) glass, perhaps the relevance being a small grain size.

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2014, 05:30:49 PM »
Thanks very much for changing the title. It's great to see all these lovely works of art ! Love your Salviati jug John ! Is the spelling of ' Polveri' correct or is it' Pulveri ' it would be good to see more examples of this technique if possible...please ?   :D
Mike

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2014, 07:55:31 PM »
Through a thread in the Glass Reference Websites forum, Anne gave us a link to a site with a Glossary of terms for Murano glass. But under "P", there is no "Polveri / Pulveri" or anything like it. But plenty of websites (including of course eBay) offer images and sales of both "polveri" and "pulveri" items.  ;D
KevinH

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2014, 05:21:57 PM »
It's not in my illustrated dictionary of glass either (Harold Newman , Thames & Hudson , 1977 ) but here is a general translation , so it could cover many different possibilities I guess ....

http://www.wordsense.eu/polveri/
Mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand