No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart shape ZK  (Read 1825 times)

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
Re: Monart shape ZK
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 10:36:58 AM »
More pictures including the base - I took some with flash as it shows the gold and red / coppery aventurine, but tends to bleach out the rest of the colours.
I love Monart as the colours change with varying  light - some pieces look vastly different from day to day, and when you photograph them you see things you didn't notice before!

Gary - My gut feeling is this is post war - I think if it was pre war the aventurine would have been used more liberally - I shall await your expert opinion  ;D

Roberta
Roberta

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 04:22:04 PM »
And now some more pictures showing two ashtrays ZK & ZH (4" diameter) for comparison if anyone is interested!

Roberta
Roberta

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 09:18:33 PM »
The base on my ZK appears to be the same as your one, though the label hides the pontil mark on my one.
The jury are still out on pre or post war.
As an aside I have an ashtray (ZH) in the same colourway as your one, which is 364 or 364A depending on if it has gold aventurine in it.
Gary

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 09:32:39 PM »
Mine is 364 then, with the gold aventurine - which is yours?
No image on ysartglass - has Frank got one do you know?

Roberta
Roberta

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand