No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Chance Yasmin dish  (Read 838 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Chance Yasmin dish
« on: May 07, 2014, 11:26:32 AM »
thought this might be of use to David - especially as it has the label.

First I thought it was lemon, now not so sure - perhaps it's white..............have tried to keep colours in the pic as realistic as possible.             About 8.5" long.
I've had white and lemon in the past, but parted with both, so can't exactly remember which one this looks more like.

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Chance Yasmin dish
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 06:24:27 PM »
Looking in David's book it looks like 'white' to me, got a round one somewhere, ;D

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 06:33:16 PM »
thanks Keith  -  I've had round examples of white and lemon in the past, perhaps they're more common than these smaller dishes.
I've no need for this piece, and it'll go out again fairly quickly, but David might be able to use the picture for the supplement to his book :)

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 12:23:18 PM »
I'd agree that this is white. Lemon is quite different and appears to be so much harder to find, so any example in this colour would be welcomed for the book.

Edit: A photo of the back might help to determine colour?
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand