No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ABC American Brilliant Cut Vessel by Herman Richman  (Read 2510 times)

Offline GlassyAntiques

• Members
    • http://www.trocadero.com/GlassyAntiques
ABC American Brilliant Cut Vessel by Herman Richman
« on: October 24, 2004, 03:11:46 PM »
I am looking for information about Herman Richman who patented a Brilliant Cut Oval Bowl I have.  The patent dates October 1916, but now I need to find similar items by this person to determine the value of this bowl.

Can anyonme tell me where I can find more information on this brilliant cut artist (USA) - Herman Richman?

Thanks!!
Glassy  :wink:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline GlassyAntiques

• Members
    • http://www.trocadero.com/GlassyAntiques
Richman vessel
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 11:00:21 PM »
Herman Richman was the front man for L. Straus & Sons.  While nursing a cold I researched the patent on my bowl and read all the fine print, then went searching some more.

I have found that this is the Daisy and Diamonds oval bowl by L. Straus and Sons from October 24, 1916.  This is a very late Brilliant Cut bowl with Daisy flowers.  

How can I find out how much this beauty is worth?  I search the major antique malls online and found very little by Straus.  The only items I found were from his earlier years.  Can anyone point me to a book or a site to find more about L. Straus values?

Thanks!!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Nancy128

• Members
    • USA
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 10:31:30 PM »
You could contact the American Cut Glass Association.  Kathy Emmerson be the person to ask who in our Association would be the most knowledgeable on Herman Richman.  Their website is www.cutglass.org

Can we see a picture?

Nancy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 01:15:53 PM »
bump