No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: OBG 1988 EGG... Is there any information on the company?  (Read 2697 times)

Offline Glass-Hunter

• Members
    • paperweights
    • United States
OBG 1988 EGG... Is there any information on the company?
« on: May 12, 2014, 12:27:29 AM »
The only information I could find about this glass was their address... OBG = Ornamental Blown Glass, Lynnwood, WA, USA. I didn't know anything about it when I purchased it from our local flea market today other than I liked how it looked. Is there any information about this company that anyone knows of? Thanks

Offline EAPG

• Members
Re: OBG 1988 EGG... Is there any information on the company?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 08:33:16 PM »
I Googled ornamental blown glass, lynnwood, wa, usa and saw their street address, didn't pursue a website but it might be there, you can USPS them or maybe there's a phone number in that search. Then if you go to Images in Google, you can see examples of their work.

Offline ttttootall

• Members
  • For the LOVE of GLASS
    • South Carolina (USA)
Re: OBG 1988 EGG... Is there any information on the company?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 10:39:59 AM »
"Ornamental Blown Glass" (OBG)
Lynnwood, WA, USA
"Ornamental Blown Glass" or "OBG" is a hot glass blowing studio--located in Lynwood, WA, just outside of Seattle--that has had some very well-known artists on their staff over the years, mostly as they have been coming up and before going out on their own. Some of them are listed here:

Mariusz Rynkiewicz: Now famous glass blower, Mariusz Rynkiewicz, accepted a position of gaffer at Ornamental Blown Glass. He worked there from 1989 until 1995. During this period, Mariusz looked for ways to further develop his glass-blowing artistry. In 1992, he studied with Dante Marioni at the Pilchuck Glass School in Stanwood, Washington; and a year later, with Lino Tagliapietra at Pratt Fine Art Center in Seattle. Also in 1993, Mariusz became an instructor of glass blowing at the Pratt Fine Art Center. In 1995, Mariusz fulfilled his lifelong dream by becoming designer, gaffer, and owner of Studio Rynkiewicz in Everett, Washington.

Jack Pine, well-known for his glass pumpkins, worked for Ornamental Blown Glass in Seattle and Maytum Glass Studio in Boulder, Colorado. Jack originally worked in several mediums. When choosing glass as his favorite, Pine founded his own studio, Jack Pine Studio.

Surely there are others, but this is what I could find on-line without investing an inordinate amount of time.
Tony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand