No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID help needed - German (Austrian?) cut lead crystal and silver ice bucket  (Read 543 times)

Offline aazul3

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Australia
Hello everyone (once again!),

I have a heavy cut lead crystal bucket with silver (.800) rim and tongs. I believe it is German. Interestingly enough, it still has its original label attached...but even this wasn't able to help me ascertain the maker...(I must be helpless!).

The label seems to show the shape of a glass and SP (?). The silver maker's mark is too small to identify (one shows purity - 800).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Adam

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Cannot find a match for initials, perhaps a retailer label? Probably after c1980 and it might not be German.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand