No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: question re Murano? figurines...  (Read 669 times)

Offline ottogrunf

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • art glass
    • italia
question re Murano? figurines...
« on: May 20, 2014, 05:58:20 PM »
 :) someone knows what glassware can be?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: question
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 06:42:05 PM »
hello - pairs of figurines (male and female characters) of dancers, singers, musicians often showing the clothes of various countries, have been coming from the Murano glass houses for probably the last 70 - 80 years.
The use of gold leaf seems to be quite common on a lot of these models, and some of the early pieces known to have been made by some of the big names are worth a lot of dollars, but it does depend on the maker and age.
Some of the characters have opaque (white) heads like these, others are clear glass entirely  -  not sure that I can see which country your pieces are supposed to represent might it be Italy.

Your examples might be recent pieces - let's hope someone else might recognize these figurines and have some idea of age for you.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline ottogrunf

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • art glass
    • italia
Re: question re Murano? figurines...
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 09:03:58 PM »
Hello definitely have made ​​Murano in 1977 but it would be interesting to know who the manufacturer might be Barovier & Toso but I'm not sure

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand