No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: glass manufacturers makers marks  (Read 5020 times)

Offline janinedangelo

• Members
glass manufacturers makers marks
« on: May 25, 2006, 12:22:16 AM »
I recently saw an ad for a pair of vases with the moulded France 81 underneath. I have this ame pair of cut glass vases only mine have France 3 and France 19 respectively. I have been looking fro French glass manufacuters whose work resembles mine( the closest being the vases made by Val Sanit Lambert however how can I authenticate their origin.

Offline David555

• Members
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 12:32:39 AM »
Hi welcome to this board

Can you post pictures of your vases - this would help greatly (see the 'how to post a picture' thread)

Thanks

Adam P
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 12:35:38 AM »
Most likely Cristal d'Arques, part of ARC International.
Please post a photo to confirm.
They are unlikely to be cut.
Val St Lambert is located in Belgium.
Pete

Offline janinedangelo

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 06:49:12 AM »
dear Pete and Adam,
thanks for the prompt reply. My vases are exactly the same as those on the decodame websitewww.decodame.com/decorativearts/glass_crystal.htm
however mine seem to be number 3 and 19 as opposed to 81
regards,
janine

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 07:14:37 AM »
www.decodame.com/decorativearts/glass_crystal.htm

If you mean the "Pair of french art deco vases ruby and clear geometric design", these have been discussed here: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,3191.0.html.
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline janinedangelo

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 07:30:23 AM »
Yes thanks for the information. My vases are the same. I do really like though and only paid a pittance for them so I'll be pleased to hang on to them.
regards,
Janine

Offline David555

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 03:35:37 PM »
They are nice vases

As previously discussed they go for under £10 a pair - I see them quite often.

Decodame's $200.00 price tag is very misleading and quite distressing, I can't stand the idea that someone might buy them at that price :evil:

However, I am powerless over these web stores - I don't bother emailing them any more :roll:

Adam P
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline janinedangelo

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 10:19:26 PM »
I not only find the prices disturbing( although I suppose price is so subjective) but as a recent collector I find the misleading information a nuisance. Part of the joy of collecting is not just obtaining an object but with the whole history that surrounds a particular item, the company history, designer and the influences on them all make the item more precious and worthy of keeping. I'm very pleased to have discovered this site. Thanks for your generosity in sharing information.
regards,
Janine

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand