No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Deco unusual miners/ice men centrepiece bowl for a swap?  (Read 6731 times)

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
Re: Deco unusual miners/ice men centrepiece bowl for a swap?
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 03:01:03 PM »
Pin dish
"Ive had a wonderful evening.....unfortunately this wasnt it!"  Groucho Marx

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 12:27:30 AM »
Thanks for sharing the picture of your pin dish.

I'm surprised that you didn't sell your blue Viktoria comport. Do you think its because of the colour?? If I don't have the pink Viktoria comport which I bought a few months back, I'll be buying that piece from you for sure. And guessed what?? Since I bought this pink comport, I managed to get 2 extra pink Viktoria bowls (without the peg). They are the same size like the one I had (with peg) and fit perfectly onto the comport base.

It's also quite sad to hear that the Hubertus lamp shade smashed in pieces. It was such as rare piece and will probably have to wait for many years to see another one :'(

Btw, thanks for joining to group.

Regards, Dylan

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 07:32:20 AM »
HI Dylan
Really enjoyed looking at your facebook group its got some gorgeous pics.
Yea it was a shame about the Hubertus lamp I wouldn't mind but it came to me from Germany in a solid polystyrene thick box so when I sold it to Mark I sent it in the same box exactly how it came to me.I had to refund him full amount so I said I don't feel comfortable sending anything again in case as I lose out.
You were very lucky to get another 2 pink Viktoria bowls they should come in handy.I have as you have probably seen a pink base with amber bowl this is how it came to me,so I need either of each.You never know what you come across do you?
I know that a couple of collectors in Oz collect mainly blue glass so I was sure they may have bought the blue Viktoria from me unless they already have it.Me and my friend Kay are going to be standing at a fair next year probably March and I will take a lot of the things I cannot sell on ebay along and put them on the stall I will take a long my green Mckee lamp as a crowning glory for the stall as it's bound to attract some sales.
Thanks for accepting me onto your group I will try to help out on anything you need identification on.
Nige

Offline rosecottagesales

• Members
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 08:57:46 AM »
Hi Nigel

Thanks for your comment on the September Morn, being possibilities made by Bagley. With glass, its really difficult to Identify the maker if the piece is not in the catalogue or no markings / label attached. I appreciate your input very much. Collectors like Sue, Pamela and yourself who have seen / owned enormous glassware of this era are what we people need in this group I've created.

I'd be grateful if you could contribute your expertise and knowledge to this group. If you have something unusual and don't mind sharing, please feel free to post a picture on this group. This is to educate other collectors like us or people who just like seeing beautiful glassware. Believe it or not, there are many people out there who have not seen float bowls other than the dolphin / fish??

Re: Blue Viktoria comport, did you try to ask Rex whether or not he's interested? Although this comport is easier to find in Australia like you said, I still think that not many collectors actually owned it. If not because I'm desperate paying a huge money for the pink one, Id probably never own this lovely piece :)

I wish you all the best with your fair next year and hope you have some success in finding other pieces you're looking for.

Cheers, Dylan

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 05:41:10 PM »
Hi Dylan
Thanks for your reply. I have some glass that hasn't been identified as yet so I will post on your page.
Did you see the Libochovice set I bought with the frog? Isn't the bowl lovely.
I get to fairs when I can but I work full time shifts so sometimes as the fairs fall I may bve working and unable to attend. I know a couple of dealers who have been a god send in finding me good stuff at the fairs when they are setting up. Also a lovely lady in Holland has done some good swaps with me and found me great stuff-im now onto my 4th pink Arabella lamp aswell as 2 blue Arabella lamps with Madonnas and various other bits.
She has most of my green Walther now in her collection through our swaps and if I get more green I usually save for her to swap she has been the most reliable and trustworthy lady such a kind woman. I'm sure if she found me some more good Walther then the green Viktoria will go her way too.
Nige

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 09:48:57 AM »
Here is a pic of my amber set

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand