No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Caithness Descriptions  (Read 3440 times)

Offline SueV-S

• Members
Caithness Descriptions
« on: May 25, 2006, 02:15:12 PM »
Wow, I have only just found this forum and have spent the last two days reading lots of topics.  Fab!

I am building up a database of my Caithness collection and need some help - I have a number of missing descriptions.

Does anyone out there have the original descriptions for the following paperwieghts?

Acquiescence, Aquarelle, Aurora, Carnival Silver, Cascade Rainbow, Cherry Pie, Clairvoyant, Coral (Damson), Counterpoint, Cyclone, Dream Maker, Dream Weaver, Fire Dance, Galactica, Gemini, Go-Between, Hydrofoil, Journey (Red), Matador, Mermaid's Secret, Moonprobe, Ocean Breeze, Paintbox, Persian Palace, Petunias (Sky), Prophecy, Sea Orchid, Space Shuttle, Spinaway, Spinnaker, Star Conquest, Stardust, Stargazer, Supersonic, Tailspin, Tears of Joy, Tidalwave, Time Zone, Titania, Transatlantic, Vermillion, Virtue, Wedding Day, Whirlygig, Zest.

Any descriptions would be gratefully recieved.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline SueV-S

• Members
Caithness Descriptions
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 04:06:29 PM »
I have now found the descriptions for Titania and Go-Between.

I live in hope that the others will either come up in Ebay auctions with their original cards.  That seems to be the best way of finding them.

Sue

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Caithness Descriptions
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 07:45:01 AM »
:D:D:D

Somebody else, and I'm sorry, I can't remember who, put this website up on the board. Pricey, but good reference!

http://www.collectornut.com/caithness-glass/
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline wrightoutlook

• Members
caithness help
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 01:05:06 PM »
I once had a Caithness question and simply contacted Caithness Glass itself. My question was returned well-answered by a staff member.

Perhaps you can start on the Caithness website and then journey on from there. There are two editions of a Caithness catalogue, although the first printing had errors here and there. Hopefully they are corrected in the second edition, expanded edition.

The Caithness factory should certainly be a treasure trove of details, so perhaps you can visit it - if you haven't already.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand