No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help in Deciphering the code on Orrefors Piece. 1  (Read 1896 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Help in Deciphering the code on Orrefors Piece. 1
« on: June 14, 2014, 12:30:05 PM »
Hi, I have looked at the site that 'Helps' to understand orrefors number and letter codes. Guess what..it didn't help  ??? Could you help me with this and another piece please. it looks like LP (Per Lutken?) 4101-121. but I cant match it and confirm Name and Date.
Pete. :-)

Offline zsuukka

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United Kingdom
Re: Help in Deciphering the code on Orrefors Piece. 1
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 02:48:34 PM »
Hi,

My guess about your lovely piece:
L is representing Vicke Lindstrand and P is pressed glass. This piece was produced between 1925-1934. I don't know about the numbers  :( but probably they are representing the form and also the decoration.

Per Lutken - who was your suggestion - was a great designer at Holmegaard.  :D

Regards,
Zsuzsa

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 10:46:47 PM »
I'm getting worse not better. I must stop following ’interesting' things I see when researching and stick to what I'm looking for.  It's got to get easier. I had it in my head that the initials were reversed in Scandinavian countries and not paying attention. Thanks Zsuzsa

Offline zsuukka

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 06:37:02 AM »
Hi Pete,

Don't worry! Sometime everybody confused about the initials and/or signatures. :-)
And we don't telling about unsigned pieces.  ;)
Zsuzsa

Offline cjf

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 03:13:31 PM »
I think this is a bit more recent. I cannot find it in the catalogues I have at hand right now, but I have seen this also numbered as "P 4101-xxx", which would indicate that this is a model by Sven Palmqvist from (probably) the 60s. This piece, however, was probably produced later, i.e. after the new numbering system used here was put in place. Also from just looking at the design, it strikes me as a lot later than 20s/30s.

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 10:00:58 AM »
I have seen a similar bowl by Sven P, it has rounded sides not straight, but cannot find this bowl. It is confusing. There is a good amount of base wear that I would say was 60's 70's. Purely a guestimate on my part from seeing other similarly aged pieces. Will keep digging. Thanks for the help so far all.
Pete

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand