No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Battuto Cut Blue and Amber Leaf shape bowl - Poss Murano or Scandinavian ..?  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Greg.

• Members
I've scratched the surface with a few Murano makers, of which Cenedese is one. I'll do a little more digging over the next few days to see if anything stands out, fingers crossed.  :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Beautiful piece, Greg! :)
I checked the Scarpa book, but his 1940s Battuto piece are quite different (and Venini pieces should have the acid stamp -- but there are exceptions).

And it is probably later, 1960s?
Maybe Barbini?

Michael

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Greg.

• Members
Thanks for taking a look and a browse through the Scarpa book Michael, very much appreciated.  :)

I did take a detailed look at the base and can't see anything there for the life of me.

I'll add Barbini to my list, its one I haven't investigated yet, thank you.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand