No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Silver plated Art Deco jam pot  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Silver plated Art Deco jam pot
« on: May 27, 2006, 10:38:59 PM »
I could have sworn that I had posted this one quite a while back but I can't find it. So posting again, or not, as the case may be.  :?

The glass is hand blown and polished creating three sides to the rim. The metal base has an "S" Monogram and the word "Saretta". The metal lid has an opening for a spoon so it might be for jam. Bowl measures 9cm diameter and 4cm high.

Any clues as to who Saretta is and who made the glass and where it comes from?

Thanks.  :)
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 02:56:02 PM »
Nice item ! Stylish ...
Maybe jam or a small sugar ....one of those.

Saretta is an Italian name. Altho found elsewhere the vast majority of hits are .it  ....so maybe something to go on.
Pete

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 03:58:24 PM »
Thanks, I've googled again but found nothing. Previously, I googled for it and the only thing I found was a leaf shaped silver plated dish on ebay.

I remember, it was definetly part of a set as it was sitting next to another item with these handles but the liner and something else was missing so I just left it. More likely to be a suger in that case, probably.

Perhaps Sarreta is a tradename for the company and the "S" is the initial of the firm, rather than the "S" for Saretta.  :)
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand