No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart for show - shape A colour 364 ?  (Read 1049 times)

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
Monart for show - shape A colour 364 ?
« on: July 03, 2014, 04:50:21 PM »
Hi,
This is my new Monart vase which I believe is shape A colour 364, size is 5.5" which is exactly in-between IX (5") and VIII (6")

I have also shown it next to an OE size VII (8") which is a similar colour  (what is the code please?) but without the pinky / purple, it's just green/blue/gold aventurine.

Though they look similar in daylight, when lit at night they look really quite different - the OE is a much more dense colour whereas the A is much more translucent.

thanks for looking,
Roberta
Roberta

Offline Gary

• Members
Re: Monart for show - shape A colour 364 ?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 07:19:29 PM »
Nice vase and colour scheme, the vase size code is 1X+ and the colour code is 364.
The OE colour code is possibly 364A but without a label showing the colour code I am far from certain.
The reason I am saying possibly 364A is that I have labeled vase  the same as your A shaped vase with colour code 364 and I have a lamp base with label showing colour code 364B.
 The difference between colour code 364 and 364B is that on 364, the blue is the top colour and green on the bottom and on 364B it is the other way round.
Gary

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 11:21:10 AM »
hi,
the colour code 364a still has the pinky colour in (but no aventurine) - the OE vase doesn't have this.
I think it may be colour 116 which is green / blue.

Roberta
Roberta

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 04:56:05 PM »
Please ignore my last post - it is not colour 116 and not 364a - it has gold aventurine but not the pinky colour!
Roberta
Roberta

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 12:22:24 PM »
Another addition - same colourway (364) as the A shape vase, but shape HF size VII (7 ½” high)
Roberta

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand