No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Charles Lotton Vase  (Read 5040 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Charles Lotton Vase
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 04:47:35 PM »
Me too!
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Fuhrman Glass

• Glass Professional
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 06:20:18 PM »
That is lovely. 1990 is not vintage to me. I own his vases from the early 1970 s. 1972 is the earliest I have seen. About three years ago we stopped at the factory. We watched a perfume bottle made and bought a paperweight.  Charles was sitting in his office and told a man that "the gas company loves me!" Go figure! My best memory is walking across downtown Grand Haven, Michigan to an ice cream stand and he bought me ice cream.

Bob Saunders
Past President of West Michigan Glass Club
How long has he been in Michigan? Last I knew he was still in Illinois. Lansing and Crete, IL. Any one else working for him except family?

Offline glass man

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • art glass
    • usa
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 11:53:20 PM »
Sorry I did not mean to mislead. The Chickadee and Holly store carried Lotton. Charles was there for a weekend and said that he would like to see a glass museum for modern studio glass in the area. That was when he asked if there was a ice cream place in walking distance.
 As far as I know the Lansing location has for a number of years been having non-family workers producing glass signed as "STUDIO MARK." THE CRETE  location is wonderful. Not sure what year he built it. The office building and sales floor is filled with lamps both table and floor style. Got $5G  and up? Vases and paperweights. Also some not for sale keepsakes. A nice antique mall in town where we have found paperweights.   Bob

Offline Fuhrman Glass

• Glass Professional
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 12:15:04 AM »
Glassman: thanks for the info. Charles and I go back to when he had his studio in the old lumberyard. in Indiana.  I used to stop in and see him all the time when he had his place in Burnham. he's a very good artist and sharp businessman as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand